Code of a safe: You are wealthy parent of 10 kids. You have safe w/ loads of $$$....

Maths Lover

Hey people
I have got a mathematical problem to solve. I have report about that problem with a question, hypothesis and all the mathematical explanations and calculations. So the problem is:

"You are a wealthy parent of 10 children. You have a safe with a lot of money. Your children should get the safe open when they are with 3."

I have generated a question so my question is:
How the code of the safe would be made so that mimimum 3 children can get the safe open?

Pls reply me asap as I have not so many day left for this. I only want an idea how can I solve this.. :(

"You are a wealthy parent of 10 children. You have a safe with a lot of money. Your children should get the safe open when they are with 3."
What is meant by the children "being with three"? (Is this being translated from some non-English language?) Thank you! ;)

What is meant by the children "being with three"? (Is this being translated from some non-English language?) Thank you! ;)

haha.. yes but I didn't translate that. I just wrote that according to my English lol:D. But I meant if the 3 children go together then only they can get that safe open.
Here is something I thought today but it's also not correct.
So I have to make a code. It can contain some common numbers but the numbers should not be repeated more than twice. For example you have chosen 010101 as a code. You divided it per two numbers eg.01 under all of your 10 children. So if 3 children go together, every one of those 3 type their code in. eg. Child 1 type his code 01, child 2 also 01 and child three also 01 then we have got our right code.
But the problem is we can’t use one number more than two times. We can use a number for two times only but here I have chosen three times so it’s not a suitable code.

Well, quite unclear still: do you know someone familiar with English?

Looks to me like each child has a separate secret password,
and the safe can only be opened if any 3 of these passwords
are entered.

Yes exactly, you got it right. Now pls can anyone solve this for me. I have to report about it on the upcoming Friday