Coffee Break: Seven 7-Letter Maze

Otis

Elite Member
Seven common 7-letter words are connected in a continuous path within the grid. Find the words, using the random clues below and these rules. Adjacent letters appear horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Each letter in the grid is used exactly once.

Rich (BB code):
S O B D E L H
X H E M I A N
U K E N E D I
A J L V D T N
I L L U F I Z
U Q U C H G Y
E T P N W O R

cognizant adult tightfisted music machine assigned to a later time margarita ingredient quickly devoured

?

Note: Typo in grid corrected; lower-left element changed from A to E.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm left wondering if you may have made a typo, or perhaps I found the wrong solution?

• cognizant: MINDFUL
  • adult: GROWNUP
  • tightfisted: CHINTZY
  • money machine: JUKEBOX
  • assigned to a later time: SHELVED
  • margarita ingredient (This is the one I think is misspelled): TEQUILA
  • quickly devoured: INHALED

Visual solution, with each word in its own color:

SVjlgH8.png

… wondering if you may have made a typo …
Yes, I did, again. Sigh …

You worked it all out just fine! ?

Was it too easy, maybe? I'm curious to know whether you think the puzzle would have been less enjoyable had I inserted the words disconnected from one another versus in a continuous path.

\(\;\)

No, I think it's fine the way it is. I latched on to "adult" and "margarita ingredient" pretty quickly. but the rest were challenging. If it weren't for the continuous paths bit I don't know if I could have solved it. Mainly I figured out what the answers had to be by ruling out possibilities that blocked off letter(s).

I had fun with it, and found it challenging. (It was engaging enough to pull me away from some work I should have been doing, until I finished.)

Do the words form one contiguous path? I didn't use any such assumption, as I worked out each word separately and out of order. I only see it now after you mention it, and not taking the words in the listed order.

… I only see [the continuous path] now after you mention it …
Ah, I called it a maze in the title, but I should have mentioned the continuous path in the body, too. (I'll reword that.)

Glad to hear it wasn't too easy. Kevin's solution approach was in my thoughts, as I designed the maze. Thanks for the feedback, y'all.

\(\;\)