(Coin Toss) Probability of Getting 4 Heads

Eggbert

DELETED! I misunderstood the question. I was confused at the part "A coin is flipped until you get a tails." Which means that I need to keep tossing the coin to get at least 4 heads in a row, without a tail getting in the way.

I no longer need assistance, but thank you! (original question below, if anyone wanted to know)

Last edited:
I am stuck on a problem for my stats class. I have not done any work (sorry, i read the rules) but I will explain why. Here is the problem;

• A coin is flipped until you get a tails. What is the probability of getting at least 4 heads?

I have done probability with coins before, but this question stumped me. How? Because we only have ONE coin, and we don't know how many times the coin is tossed. I know that with one coin, the probability of getting a head is 1. And the number of outcomes is 2. However, I don't know the next step after this, especially when I'm not given information on how many times the coin should be tossed.

Any help would be great. Or maybe just a tip on looking at this problem from a different perspective? Thank you! (Is this a duplicate thread? I'm sorry if it is!! I don't know how to work this yet...)