Competition scoring help

competitionproducer

I'm producing an MBA case study competition and want to make sure our scoring system is fair and consistent. I'm wondering whether I need a weighting mechanism or other calculation to "normalize" scores by 12 different judges. Here's the situation, and I greatly appreciate any help and explanation to this non-math guy!

9 teams are working on 3 parts of a case study assignment
The 3 parts of the case study assignment are worth 100 total points, divided this way:
Part 1: 20 points
Part 2: 20 points
Part 3: 60 points
12 judges are scoring the case study submissions, all 3 parts
BUT in order not to overwhelm each judge with 9 team submissions, each judge is scoring only 3 submissions
SO 4 judges are scoring 1 set of 3 team submissions; another 4 judges are scoring a 2nd set of 3 submissions; and another 4 judges are scoring a 3rd set of 3
THEN once the judges submit all of their scores, the intention is to declare the top 3 scoring teams as finalists
HOWEVER, is it fair to simply add each judge's scores, rank all of the teams' totals and declare 3 top finalists? Or can some level of scoring consistency be created when none of the judges will have seen all of the submissions? Can some type of calculation or weighting be applied that accounts for a judge who may apply very high or very low marks?
Thanks for any assistance. Please remember you're talking to a guy with limited math experience so please dumb down your reply!

With the current setup each judge is scoring 3 submissions, or 9 parts. It would be better to have each group of judges score one part of the case study for _all_ teams. This eliminates the potential problem with consistency while keeping the load the same (unless Part 3 is much larger than the others).

Thanks for your reply. Part 3 is much larger than the other parts and is the crucial part of the teams' case study assignment, which is why it's worth 60 points. So all of the judges are reviewing Part 3 in addition to the other 2 parts.