compound angle problem

Er, that's all true, of course, Steven, but did you read Dr.P's reply (at post #2) before you posted this? His post pretty much cleared up the matter without the need for any further attention. ???
@The Highlander,
I disagree with you on this. I know that Dr Peterson cleared this all up but I believe that it is always good to try to make a student independent and not always need help.

Plugging in a value and seeing that the statement is false is something that everyone needs to be able to do on their own. Also, noting that it is to say the least strange to subtract an angle from a real number. If I noticed that I was doing that, I certainly would check my work more carefully. I knew, as Dr Peterson stated, that an angle in radians has no units but just didn't want to confuse the student even more.

Whenever a student makes a mistake, rather than just showing them how to do the work correctly I also point out why their method is not valid. I know many instructors of mathematics might not think that this method is good, but it is my style and I like it.

[Post#2] cleared up the matter without the need for any further attention.
Yet, you've been posting since then.

I thought we already went over this. Any member is free to post their perspective or thoughts in a discussion, at any point in time. Sometimes, one member's contribution might duplicate some information that's already been posted. It happens. Regularly. And that's okay! ?
[imath]\;[/imath]