Compounded Discount Rate - Can anyone help me with these math problems?

northernlightxxl

Problem 1:
A women owes 4500 dollars due in three years and 3000 dollars due in five years. She wants to settle her obligations with a single payment in four years. Find the size of the payment if money is worth 6% discount rate compounded quarterly

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure we can help you find the solution but you need to show us the work you have done so we know exactly what kind of help you need. Thanks.

Problem 1:
A women owes 4500 dollars due in three years and 3000 dollars due in five years. She wants to settle her obligations with a single payment in four years. Find the size of the payment if money is worth 6% discount rate compounded quarterly
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

READ BEFORE POSTING

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment

Please post 1 problem/thread - I have split the original thread.

The word "equivalation" seems to have disappeared from the original post but I suspect it was supposed to be "equivaluation". Suppose you put X dollars in the bank at 6% compounded quarterly. What would X have to be to be worth $4500 in three years? To be worth $3000 in five years? Add those two amounts.

The word "equivalation" seems to have disappeared from the original post but I suspect it was supposed to be "equivaluation". Suppose you put X dollars in the bank at 6% compounded quarterly. What would X have to be to be worth $4500 in three years? To be worth $3000 in five years? Add those two amounts.
I did that - because it seemed the question was complete without that "confusing" word. I may be mistaken!