Converting degree to radian

Lilyneedhelp

Hi!Good day,can you help me how to convert degree to radian? I'm really having a trouble understanding it without someone to explain me how to get it.

Hi!Good day,can you help me how to convert degree to radian? I'm really having a trouble understanding it without someone to explain me how to get it.
What type of conversions are familiar to you? like mile to meters of Celsius to Fahrenheit?

Can you give an example of conversion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, converting degrees to radians is just matter of a multiplication.
You know that one circumference is [MATH]360[/MATH] degrees and that it is also [MATH]2\pi[/MATH] radians, thus
[MATH]\frac {num\; of\; degrees}{num\; of\; radians} = \frac {360}{2\pi}[/MATH]That means that [MATH]num\; of \; radians = num\; of\; degrees \cdot \frac {2pi} {360} = num\; of\; degrees \cdot 0.01745329251[/MATH]but trust me, [MATH]num\; of \; radians = num\; of\; degrees \cdot \frac {2pi} {360}[/MATH] is easier to remember ;)

A circle spans 360 degrees. At the same time it spans 2`pi` radians. Therefore, 1 degree is how much in radians?

If you post a problem, where you got stuck (along with your work), we can help you apply the equations/thoughts posted in response #3 AND #4,

It is a really simple formula, which you can look up in google.

[MATH]360 \text { degrees} = 2 \pi \text { radians} \implies 180 \text { degrees} = \pi \text { radians.}[/MATH]
You can simplify your notation to this formula and then use basic algebra to do any conversion you want.

[MATH]180d = \pi r.[/MATH]
Say you need to convert 45 degrees to radians. So to convert 180d to 45d, I must multiply by 45/180 to CANCEL the 180. And if I multiply one side of an equation by a number, I must multiply the other side by the same number.

[MATH]\dfrac{45}{\cancel {180}} * \cancel {180} d = \dfrac{45}{180} * \pi r \implies 45d = \dfrac{45}{180} \pi r \implies 45 \text { degrees} = \pi /4 \text { radians}.[/MATH]
Say you need to convert pi/24 radians to degrees. How do you convert pi to pi/24? Divide by 24.

[MATH]360d \div 24 = \pi r \div 24 \implies 15d = \dfrac{\pi}{24} * r \implies 15 \text { degrees} = \dfrac{\pi}{24} \text { radians.}[/MATH]

Last edited: