Coordinate Geometry- Circle

imAnshuNandi

Find the equations of the tangents to the circle x^2+y^2=a^2 making a triangle of area a^2 with the axes. ( ISC class XI )

The first step will be to interpret the problem correctly! At first glance, I thought this was about drawing two different tangents to the circle and considering the area of the triangle formed by those tangents and the x-axis. Once I tried drawing it, I realized that you have only one tangent at a time, and want the area bounded by that and both axes. There will be several solutions (at least, one per quadrant).

Now, please show us your work so far, so we can tell where you need help. Have you read this yet?

The first step will be to interpret the problem correctly! At first glance, I thought this was about drawing two different tangents to the circle and considering the area of the triangle formed by those tangents and the x-axis. Once I tried drawing it, I realized that you have only one tangent at a time, and want the area bounded by that and both axes. There will be several solutions (at least, one per quadrant).

Now, please show us your work so far, so we can tell where you need help. Have you read this yet?
Yeah, I had already understood this....but I cannot figure out the next steps to find the answer of this question.

PLEASE show the work you have done, as I asked.

I need to see what drawing you made, what variable (if any) you chose to work with, and so on, in order to help you continue with the method you are using. There are several quite different ways you could go, and I don't want to tell you to do something you won't understand, or that would not be natural to you.