Cosinus or Tangens? | Isometric 2.5D movement

lowmajt

Hello, how to resolve my problem, when my ship going to the 'target', but can go just 45° or 90° way, cant go directly to the target '70°', first have to go on 45° line where will change design and after will continue directly...let's say that start position is 0 and target is 1, how long way the ship will go on the 45° line? Need know ratio between first stop and final stop..

1637953589768.png

Hello, how to resolve my problem, when my ship going to the 'target', but can go just 45° or 90° way, cant go directly to the target '70°', first have to go on 45° line where will change design and after will continue directly...let's say that start position is 0 and target is 1, how long way the ship will go on the 45° line? Need know ratio between first stop and final stop..

View attachment 29918
There are several ways you could do this, depending on what you have learned. You might use coordinates of points; or vectors; or solving an oblique triangle, or ...

But first, what does it mean to call a point "1"? Do you mean that's the distance from the ship, or what?

Possibly the simplest thing to do is to find the coordinates of the target, and use that to find the coordinates of the intermediate point, which has the same x-coordinate but is on the line y = -x.

Can you quote the exact wording of the problem as given to you (even if it's not in English), and also tell us what topic this problem is associated with, if it is from a class or textbook or the like?