Could you explain this explanation!

Untitled.jpgHello! Could you please take me through this question and it's explanation? For example I do not know how they came to the first line of dh/dt =___________. Also, when do you use that c(_______________)? The book does stuff without explaining why/how!

Thank you for your time.

View attachment 2852Hello! Could you please take me through this question and it's explanation? For example I do not know how they came to the first line of dh/dt =___________. Also, when do you use that c(_______________)? The book does stuff without explaining why/how!

Thank you for your time.
I have figured out the explanation, c is a constant of proportionality. However, what I do not understand is how they decide t=0.5 on the longest day of the year in the following June?

I have figured out the explanation, c is a constant of proportionality. However, what I do not understand is how they decide t=0.5 on the longest day of the year in the following June?
Because they are measuring in years from the shortest day of the year. Counting one year as the period from the shortest day to the next shortest day, the longest day is half way through that period.

Because they are measuring in years from the shortest day of the year. Counting one year as the period from the shortest day to the next shortest day, the longest day is half way through that period.

OK thanks! :) I seem to get stuck with simple things!