Crazy Cut

BigBeachBanana

Can you draw a line, that is not necessarily straight, such that it will divide the figure below into 2 identical parts?
Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 5.55.27 PM.png

The total area is 12. Half of the area is 6. The rest is easy.

I would count again. :)
Were you just trying to see if I would count again? Well I did, and I still get 12 square units. Am I really wrong?
Did you want me to say that the total area in Blue is 12?

Last edited:
Everbody else understood it.

The rest may be "easy" if you are given a/the solution in a spoiler to look
at, and then pretend as if you came up with that solution yourself. Looking at
someone else's solution and then claiming, in part, after the fact, that
"the rest is easy" is not sensible.

The rest may be "easy" if you are given a/the solution in a spoiler to look
at, and then pretend as if you came up with that solution yourself. Looking at
someone else's solution and then claiming, in part, after the fact, that
"the rest is easy" is not sensible.
Come on, to make the two pieces exactly the same the two areas have to be the same. They need to both be 6. I counted the top left until I got 6 pieces. Then I was able to verify that they looked the same. Sure, I saw Dr Peterson's solution but I found 6 on my own and I counted 6 connected pieces. Why would I act as if I solved this problem on my own if I got it from someone else from the forum?

Come on, to make the two pieces exactly the same the two areas have to be the same. They need to both be 6. I counted the top left until I got 6 pieces. Then I was able to verify that they looked the same. Sure, I saw Dr Peterson's solution but I found 6 on my own and I counted 6 connected pieces.

Don't presume the rest is "easy" as 1) you just happened to find a/the solution, and 2) "easy"
is a subjective word.