Cuboid volume: Cuboid 8x9x9 has cuboid 3x6x6 cut out of it.

Laia

Hello! Can someone help me on (B) and (C). I can't find any attempts to get the answer. Please help🙏Screenshot_2024_0229_154150.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Use Pythagoras's theorem to calculate the length of AC, then calculate the length of AE.

What is the surface area of a rectangle whose length is b and width is w?

Each of he 3 L shaped areas in the figure can be thought of as addition of two rectangles.

I'm sorry but would you mind pointing that out on the picture?
I think that my calculation need some more. I think there is more to to get the total surface area of remaining solids. I add [ 2× (3×9) + 2× ( 3× 8). But I think I need to add more surface but I can't actually generate it

I'm sorry but would you mind pointing that out on the picture?
I think that my calculation need some more. I think there is more to to get the total surface area of remaining solids. I add [ 2× (3×9) + 2× ( 3× 8). But I think I need to add more surface but I can't actually generate it
Or is the total surface area of remaining solid = 2× (3×9) + 2 × (3×8) + 2× (6×6) ?
What is the surface area of a rectangle whose length is b and width is w?

Each of he 3 L shaped areas in the figure can be thought of as addition of two rectangles.

Or is the total surface area of remaining solid = 2× (3×9) + 2 × (3×8) + 2× (6×6) ?
Please do the following:
Copy the diagram
Draw additional segments so that all surfaces are divided into rectangles.
For each rectangle write the expression for the area and draw an arrow from the expression to the rectangle
Don't forget the surfaces not visible in the diagram (but they still belong to the shape and need to be taken into account)
Take a photo and post your work.