CUSUM and P-Score

Psyco T

Hi,

This is my first time posting. I am currently going over some statistic notes that I studied over 7 years ago. For the life of me I cannot remember how to answer any of these questions as it's been so long since I studied them nor can I get my head around online explanations. So I'm stuck, I've tried to make sense of it but I don't know what to do.

The reason I am going over these questions again is because I need to brush up on statistics as it will come up in an exam to enter into structural engineering.

I know the guidelines state I should show what I've done but I'm utterly clueless. So I would appreciated some help.

I've attached the questions.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Cusum 2.jpeg
    Cusum 2.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Cusum 1.jpeg
    Cusum 1.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Hypothesis_P-score.jpeg
    Hypothesis_P-score.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 4
Per the forum's rule. Please post one question per thread. I'll use this thread for task #5. Please repost task #6 in another thread.

Task 5:
-Are you expected to do this by hand or you are allowed to use something like Excel? If the latter, I would start inputting the data into a spreadsheet.
-Second, Excel has built-in functions for sample means and sample standard deviation. Are you allowed to use those, or are you expected to use raw formulas?

Thanks BigBeachBanana,

I'll post 6 separately. I gave question 5 a shot on excel and i think after faffing about with the spreadhseet I got somewhere.