Data interpretation

CPD

Please can someone explain how to read the data in the attached photo?
I know how to find averages I am just so confused with this table. The questions are below, any help would be much appreciated!

1. What is the average annual energy saving from using Eco DVD model compared to the standard model based only on the time they are switched on? Please give your answer to one decimal place.

2. Assuming average usage, what is the total annual energy usage for the standard PVR model assuming it is left in standby mode when it is not switched on?

3. Assuming average usage, what is the difference in total average energy usage between the Standard Heater and the Eco Heater over 3 years assuming both models are left in standby mode when not switched on?

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 19.02.49.png

Please can someone explain how to read the data in the attached photo?
I know how to find averages I am just so confused with this table. The questions are below, any help would be much appreciated!

1. What is the average annual energy saving from using Eco DVD model compared to the standard model based only on the time they are switched on? Please give your answer to one decimal place.

2. Assuming average usage, what is the total annual energy usage for the standard PVR model assuming it is left in standby mode when it is not switched on?

3. Assuming average usage, what is the difference in total average energy usage between the Standard Heater and the Eco Heater over 3 years assuming both models are left in standby mode when not switched on?

View attachment 14625
Have you done any work so far on this?

Let's try the first question.

What data do you see that is relevant to this question?

What is the meaning of "energy saving", as you understand it?

What do you think you might do to find that number?

Answer those questions, so we can see how you are thinking. You can tell us similar things for the other questions, which will help us see where you are having difficulty, so we can direct our efforts toward what you most need.

You don't need to calculate averages, you already have them in the tables.
You are asked to calculate the difference in annual costs of using 2 devices.
Find the devices in the tables. Calculate the 2 total costs per year based on
a. average hours on per day
b. energy consumption
c. cost per hour of electricity.
Calculate the difference.

Let's try the first question.

What data do you see that is relevant to this question?

What is the meaning of "energy saving", as you understand it?

What do you think you might do to find that number?

Answer those questions, so we can see how you are thinking. You can tell us similar things for the other questions, which will help us see where you are having difficulty, so we can direct our efforts toward what you most need.
Hiya

thanks so much for responding!

So I think it's asking for ECO DVD's annual usage - but only for the hours it's switched on?
rage switched on 1.4h per day

so 1.4 x 365.25 = 511.35h
& then Eco DVD is 52 so 52 x 511.35 = 26,590.2
& Standard DVD is 87 so 87 x 511.35 = 44,487.45

44,487.45 - 26,590.2 = 17,897.25

I think It's all wrong?

You don't need to calculate averages, you already have them in the tables.
You are asked to calculate the difference in annual costs of using 2 devices.
Find the devices in the tables. Calculate the 2 total costs per year based on
a. average hours on per day
b. energy consumption
c. cost per hour of electricity.
Calculate the difference.

So i think this is what I've been doing, or at least attempting, but somehow getting it wrong?

So i think this is what I've been doing, or at least attempting, but somehow getting it wrong?
Don't forget about units.
If savings means how much money you save, you should compare costs. But it's not clear from the problem.