definition and continuenty of an inverse function using delta and epsilon

Lrcc2003

can anyone on here help. i am trying to get my head around the use of epsilon in this particular senerio and what you actually accomplish from doing this.

can anyone on here help. i am trying to get my head around the use of epsilon in this particular scenario and what you actually accomplish from doing this.
It will really help us a lot if you can be specific. Show us a problem and where you have trouble with it, or give an example of what you don't understand, asking specific questions. Otherwise, we might answer something other than what you need.

can anyone on here help. i am trying to get my head around the use of epsilon in this particular senerio and what you actually accomplish from doing this.
It will really help us a lot if you can be specific. Show us a problem and where you have trouble with it, or give an example of what you don't understand, asking specific questions. Otherwise, we might answer something other than what you need.
Also if you could tell us the level of your course. Are you in beginning calculus starting limits or are you in an upper level course learning about metric spaces. I ask about the latter because you mention inverse functions.