Determine the length of a 180° curve wit external radius of 250mm

Cinnamon Haze

Okay, so I'm not entirely sure this belongs here, but I've been set a question for my product design subject involving maths and I'm stuck. I feel like the answered is really obvious but I just can't figure it out, after 2 hours of trying and searching online, I don't seem to be able to finish it. Please help.

- A lounge chair is to be manufactured by laminating seven layers of 1.5mm thick, 100mm wide ash veneer together to form each side of the chair frame.
Figure 1 below shows detail of the side profile for each side frame used in the assembly of the chair.
Screenshot (22).png
The manufacturer cuts all seven veneers to the same length; the sum of the chair's three straight sections, added to the length of both external curves. Assume no excess will be needed for trimming on the width of the laminated framework.
- Determine the length of the external curve A shown in Figure 1. Give your answer to the nearest whole number.

I'm not entirely sure what it is asking for. If "external curve A" is just the semicircle with radius 250 mm, then its length is half the circumference of a circle with radius 250 mm. Presumably you know how to do that: [MATH]\frac{1}{2}(2\pi r)[/MATH].

I presume there are more parts to the problem, as this doesn't use much of the information.

I'm not entirely sure what it is asking for. If "external curve A" is just the semicircle with radius 250 mm, then its length is half the circumference of a circle with radius 250 mm. Presumably you know how to do that: [MATH]\frac{1}{2}(2\pi r)[/MATH].

I presume there are more parts to the problem, as this doesn't use much of the information.
Thank you so much for the reply, I think I understand what you wrote, this really helped.
And there are indeed more parts to the question;
"Determine the total length of veneer used in the construction of the two side frames of the chair."
and
"Ash veneer for constructional purposes retails at £20.45 per metre square (m2). Calculate the cost of the veneer needed to manufacture two side frames for the chair. Include an additional 15% of veneer to allow for waste/trimming. Give your answer in pounds and pence."
I didn't include them as I think I know how to finish them as soon as I figure out the first answer.