Differentiation Q: Do I need to differentiate to find instantaneous rates of change?

Xibu4

Question: Find the instantaneous rate of change in your functions at a unique time and show the average rate of change within the specified domain (28.4<=t<=64) between two unique time periods.

My functions being :
[math]f(t)=600[(1\frac{1}{3}+1)^{6t+1}-1][/math]
and

[math]g(t)= 7500e^{0.02t+0.5cos(\frac{Π}{6}t-4Π)}[/math]
Would I have to find the derivatives of these two functions or is there an alternative way ? Asking because I could only imagine how tedious it would be to differentiate both.

I don't see how you can avoid differentiating your functions if you need instantaneous rates. But you don't need derivatives for the average rates.

The derivative will not be as bad as you're thinking.
I got [math]3600ln(\frac{4}{3})(\frac{4}{3})^{^(6t+1)}[/math] for the first function. Subbing in my unique time gives me a gradient of 4.257 * 10^25 which doesn't match my graphs. Is my derivative correct ?

I got [math]3600\ln\left(\frac{4}{3}\right)\left(\frac{4}{3}\right)^{6t+1}[/math] for the first function. Subbing in my unique time gives me a gradient of 4.257 * 10^25 which doesn't match my graphs. Is my derivative correct ?
For one thing. 1 1/3 + 1 is not 4/3!

I made a mistake with the +1 in the first function it's not meant to be there
Then, please show the details:

I got [math]3600ln(\frac{4}{3})(\frac{4}{3})^{^(6t+1)}[/math] for the first function. Subbing in my unique time gives me a gradient of 4.257 * 10^25 which doesn't match my graphs. Is my derivative correct ?

What is your "unique time" (whatever that means), and what do your graphs show?

Then, please show the details:

What is your "unique time" (whatever that means), and what do your graphs show?
I just chose t to = 29.854 because it's a minimum stationary point and I can know whether I'm right or wrong. I did the first function but after finding the derivative and subbing in 29.854 I don't get 0 so I must've done something wrong.

I just chose t to = 29.854 because it's a minimum stationary point and I can know whether I'm right or wrong. I did the first function but after finding the derivative and subbing in 29.854 I don't get 0 so I must've done something wrong.
Why do you think "29.854 [is] a minimum stationary point"? Where is the graph I asked for?

If you explain yourself and the problem more fully, you will be likely to get better help.