Dimensional analysis problem

Sabi

Hi guys,

Hope this is an appropriate category.

Can anyone help with the question I've uploaded along with my attempt (which I know must be incorrect) as the final equation can be looked up. I guess my answer was sort of on the right track but it's gone wrong somewhere. Any guidence in fixing it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201230_232915.jpg
    20201230_232915.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20201230_232904.jpg
    20201230_232904.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Hi guys,

Hope this is an appropriate category.

Can anyone help with the question I've uploaded along with my attempt (which I know must be incorrect) as the final equation can be looked up. I guess my answer was sort of on the right track but it's gone wrong somewhere. Any guidence in fixing it would be much appreciated.

I should also add that in the first question, the question is to identify the variables which will affect centrifugal force. I am pretty sure I have done that part correctly.

I should also add that in the first question, the question is to identify the variables which will affect centrifugal force. I am pretty sure I have done that part correctly.
In your work, you have used 'T' for tension - and then I think you confused it with 't' for time. Use 'F' for tension to avoid confusion.

In your work, you have used 'T' for tension - and then I think you confused it with 't' for time. Use 'F' for tension to avoid confusion.
Do engineers use F for tension? Can an engineer talk to a Physicist or mathematician or do they speak completely different languages.

Do engineers use F for tension? Can an engineer talk to a Physicist or mathematician or do they speak completely different languages.
Tension is a manifestation of Force.

We engineers depend on less confusion - unlike some voodoo scientists.:alien::alien:

Talking to a mathematician is a lost cause. They are either sitting in a dark corner or in a ivory tower. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
A problem I have encountered many times. Something like this, "I can solve your problem, but I won't use the right variable names and you will be confused."