Dont know

AntigoneRex

For a table top game I play with friends

This is complex I will try to explain

Based on the roll of percentiles ( dice that roll a random number from 1 to 100)

The dice are the determining factor of success or failure.

Party A, has two skill sets each a set number of 0 to 1000 both numbers are added so a total of 0 to 2000 can be made.

Party B, has two skill sets each a set number of 0 to 1000 both numbers are added so a total of 0 to 2000 can be made.

Party A, wants to hit Party B, if party B, has a number of 1000 or greater than the number of party A, then the possibility is 1%, you must roll a 100 on the dice to succeed.

Scenario 2,

Party A, wants to hit party B, if party B, has a number of 1000 or less than the number of party A, then the possibility is 99%, you must roll any number above 1 on the dice (any roll of 2 to 100) to succeed.

I need some kind of bell curve where a value (diferance of party A, has values of 0 to 100 above that of party B gives a success rate of 50% and a value of 101 to 999 giving a increasing percentage to succeed upto 98%

This last part has always been the hardest for me to estimate if you have a better idea please let me know I would love the hear.

The goal is to be fun but logical,
Party A. wants to hit and destroy target B, when party A, has more skill ( a higher total value) ( the higher the better) than party B, than the easyer it is to hit party B.

Party B wants to survive and the higher the skill (a higher total value) ( the higher the better) than party A, then the harder it is to hit party B.

Thank you