eei tech test, need help finding pratice worksheets for structural drawing. thank you

mattdude23

Hello all,

I've got a test coming up call the eei tech test, pretty much a aptitude test. Nothing hard really just the timing invloved is insane, the section i need help on is called graphic problem solving. 2 parts and 3 mins for each section. The attachments i added is where i need help, the problems are not hard but its the time you have to do them and beable to be quick very quick. Read the question, figure out what is needed, look at the drawing and figure points of intrest but with 3 mins for this section is hard with out pratice. It's just basic math nothing difficult.

Here is my think I've looked all over the internet trying to find something with these kinda drawings to look at, but i cant. I can usually find anything but this has me beat ive looked for 4 days now. I have googled any wording for it i can think of, aptitude math, drawing word problems, graph word problems, draft, architecture, building math, structural, engineer, industural, real world math, etc and any combo of the words. I can't for the life of me find anything to pratice to pick up my speed.

I found this website and figured what the heck, ill ask and maybe yall can help. Thank you so much if you can help me with this in any way. Below are the pictures of the pratice test.

image.jpgphoto 2.JPGphoto.JPG

The diagram is too small for me to read, but I would like to mention that the purpose of an aptitude test is to determine your current level of knowledge. An aptitude test is not for determining how much you are able to recover by cramming right before taking the test.

These sorts of questions involve basic geometry. There are too many concepts involved, taking weeks to learn, for us to point you to a single page on the Internet. Although, we can find for you free online courses in geometry (which is probably what you need -- a course).

May I ask, why are you taking this test? :cool:

its for a power plant. The testing isn't hard its just how do you do under pressure. Those question arn't geometry to me. if is said find the volue of a tank or radius of a tank like i do now is fine. I work in a plant. That test is just find the distanse of A it gives you all the info its basic math add,sub or divided. Its the time allowed is what is hard, like i said i work in a plant now i know it in and can do p&id's engineer prints none of that bothers me but im use to it. This test is showing a pretty much made up structural drawing saying what is the width of platform a? ok 208.5+ 208.5+591.2= 1008.2. But once again its time time time, 3 minutes to look at that and pick up the info and then do the basic math is stress full.

I can sit there and do it in 10mins no problem but 3 is a little harder. That's why i was wondering if anyone knows what that kinda word problem is called and if there is anywhere with worksheets to pratice on to get my speed up. its not geometry there is no radius, angles nothing like that, just comprehending what info is there and notice key points to gather info fast.

The test is in 2 or 3 weeks, ive never failed a test now will i now. The rest of the test is easy mechanical concepts, reasoning with rules, algerbra and assembly diagrams. Nothing is really hard but time limts of i know one part is 66 questions and 7 minutes to do it. that is on mechanical comcepts witch is simple.

its for a power plant.

Are you trying to get a promotion, to a position that requires reading schematics under time constraints, perhaps?

Those question arn't geometry to me.

I guessed because your diagram is too small for me to easily see what's going on there. If some of the lengths are to be found using the concept of similar triangles, that's geometry.

I just strained my eyes, to see how I might answer question (1).

It appears that the width of platform a (the lowest shaded bar?) is divided into three sections, and they've labeled the width of each section, so you just add them up. (I can't make out the actual numbers.)

If I understand you correctly, your concern is that you cannot within 15 seconds or so locate platform a on the diagram, recognize the three given measurements and calculate their sum. I hope that they let you use a calculator.

Anyways, if you would like to find some diagrams on which to practice, I would suggest googling keywords like: mechanical assembly drawings with dimensions

You should get some links for images and practice problems.

Good luck! :cool:

I have bigger pictures if you would like me to email them to you. The website wouldn't let me put bigger pictures because of the mb size. But u can click the picture and bring it up in a separate window and then use the magnifying glass on the bottom right to make it bigger, but it might blur it out.

And no angles or anything like that just looks like a dragging of maybe a oil rig deck, basic looking structure. And yes question 1 is just adding the sums up of the width to get platform a. Like I've said nothing is hard its just basically 30sec to answer each question. That's why I was looking for more like itto practice my timing to get faster at recognizing points of interest and a basic idea of what to look for.

It's the kinda test you have to take to work for a nuclear plant. You can google eei tech test and look at the test there are a lot of different test the poss test is harder but I would prefer the algebra than this lol.