electrician needs help

jamesmarkbailey

I need to set bolts for a pole light,they are a square pattern i do not have the pattern. I know that the bolt CIRCLE IS 11".Can you give me the square bolt pattern?(and the formula for it!)

Anchor bolt-patterns are specific to the forces encountered.

In other words, one size does not fit all.

Contact the manufacturer. Or, stop by your local Burger King, and ask an engineering graduate.

no square bolts,I am installing BOLTS.I need to install them in a square pattern.The CIRCLE pattern is 11".If you put a square inside the circle so the 4 corners touch the 11" circle this will give me the SQUARE pattern for my bolts.I know there is a formula used by architects for blocks on columns.some type of square root formula that will give me the measurements between the corners of the square.I hope this gives you the info. nessasary.Thanks for your help P.S. The 11" circle pattern is job specific,the matching square pattern will be also.

\(\displaystyle An \ 11 \ inch \ circle? \ Is \ the \ 11 \ inches \ the \ diameter \ of \ the \ circle \ or \ the \ circumference?\)

side = 1.4142 × radius

In other words, the side length of the square is about 141.42% of the circle's radius.

If the radius of the circle is 11 inches, then the side length is about 15.6 inches because:

11 × 1.4142 = 15.5563

If the diameter of the circle is 11 inches, then the side length is about 7.8 inches because:

5.5 × 1.4142 = 7.7782

Thanks MMM4444Bot,I was guessing about 7.5".I see the formula u used.I recall from reading an article a long time ago that an architect looking for the size of a column to support a block on top used an equation SOMETHING like,sq.root2x1,i could be way off.Your answer suits my purposes.FYI-I am preparing pole bases for concrete,we are ahead of the job right now,normally we have a templete for the bolt-pattern for the type of pole being used supplied by lighting manufactor.But,being that we are ahead,they do not suppy this until all contracts have been agreed upon(they want to make sure they get the contract)On their website,using the approved fixture # from the submittals,i was able to get the Bolt Circle Diameter.To proceed i needed to turn this into a square to match bolts to the Base Square on the bottom of the 35' steel pole.With the info you provided i can proceed,thanks.

jamesmarkbailey said:
an equation SOMETHING like,sq.root2x1,i could be way off.

You got it. The square root of 2 is 1.4142 (rounded).

side = sqrt(2) × radius