Elimination meathod

furicuri55

I am currently studying the elimination method with inequalities.

I am also confused about how you set up inequalities in word problems.

please help! :!:

please help!
Well this is not a teaching service but a service in which we help you with your math homework. So give us a problem and ask some questions.
I am currently studying the elimination method with inequalities.
I am also confused about how you set up inequalities in word problems.
Once again, provide us with some problems you need help with. Also do you understand elimination with equations? If not that might be a good topic to study.

im sorry what i meant in the second question was not inequalities, but equations.
well i understand how it is basically done, but, i need help..here ill give you an example...how do you set this up:

"A coin bank contains pennies, nickels, quarters, and dollars. there are 7 fewer quarters then twice the number of dollars, and there is 1 more nickel then three times the number of pennies. If the total amount of money in the bank is $15.76, how many of each denomination are there?"

I just dont get it...

furicuri55 said:
"A coin bank contains pennies, nickels, quarters, and dollars. there are 7 fewer quarters then twice the number of dollars, and there is 1 more nickel then three times the number of pennies. If the total amount of money in the bank is $15.76, how many of each denomination are there?"
Let p = pennies; then nickels = 3p + 1 : 1 more nickel than 3 times the number of pennies.
Let d = dollars; then quarters = 2d - 7 : 7 fewer quarters than twice the number of dollars.

.01(p) + .05(3p + 1) + .25(2d - 7) + 1.00(d) = 15.76
Multiply by 100:
p + 5(3p + 1) + 25(2d - 7) + 100d = 1576

What can you do with that?