Evaluate Integral, from -2 to 2, of square root of 4 - x^2

SlaveToMath

I have a list of Integrals here that I am to evaluate and I am having a fair bit of trouble with several of them.

I will try and describe them as best as I can so please bare with me.

Evaluate the integral by interpreting it in terms of areas.

1. The integral of the square root of 4 - x² from -2 to 2.

2. Given that the integral of 3x on to the square root of x²+4 dx = 5 onto (the square root of 5) - 8 from 0 to 1. What is the integral of 3u on to the square root of u² +4 du.

3. If the integral of f(x)dx = 12 from 1 to 5. and the integral of f(x)dx = 3.6 from 4 to 5, find the integral of f(x)dx from 1 to 4.

I would greatly appreciate help with any of the above three questions and I apologize if it is hard to read, feel free to question me on any of these and I will try and describe them better. Thanks in advance.

Re: Evaluate The Integral

SlaveToMath said:
I have a list of Integrals here that I am to evaluate and I am having a fair bit of trouble with several of them.

I will try and describe them as best as I can so please bare with me.

Evaluate the integral by interpreting it in terms of areas.

1. The integral of the square root of 4 - x² from -2 to 2.

2. Given that the integral of 3x on to the square root of x²+4 dx = 5 onto (the square root of 5) - 8 from 0 to 1. What is the integral of 3u on to the square root of u² +4 du.

3. If the integral of f(x)dx = 12 from 1 to 5. and the integral of f(x)dx = 3.6 from 4 to 5, find the integral of f(x)dx from 1 to 4.

I would greatly appreciate help with any of the above three questions and I apologize if it is hard to read, feel free to question me on any of these and I will try and describe them better. Thanks in advance.

Show us your work/thoughts - so that we can understand your problem better and we would know where to begin to help you.