Evaluating Trigonometric Limit functions

jkovie

I have to evaluate the Limit as x approaches pi/4 for (x/(sin 11x)

I am not sure how to simplify it.

I have to evaluate the Limit as x approaches pi/4 for (x/(sin 11x)

I am not sure how to simplify it.

Have you tried replacing x with π/4?

Please read the post titled "Read before Posting".

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

Substitution?

So you're telling me all I have to do is substitute it in? I don't have to simplify the function?
In similar problems I had to simplify to make the limit look like similar to limsinx/x (when x->0 and the limit equals 1) but I was totally unsure how to start this because the limit isn't approaching 0 and I'm pretty positive I can't manipulate the function...

so like:

limpi/4/sin11pi/4
which would equal 5.22?

Yup -- in this exercise, it's that easy.

Any instance where you are asked to evaluate a limit, and you have no specific instruction as to method, then you may try substitution first.

However, many limit exercises are cooked up to yield 0/0 by substitution (or some other construction that won't evaluate to a Real number); in those cases, methods other than simple substitution must be used.

Your answer is not correct. Make sure that your machine uses radian mode, when you ask it for sin(11*Pi/4) :cool:

Last edited: