Exponential Decay Question: Imagine that 6,975,000,000 people are infected by a virus...

oclark411

I just can't figure this out and I need help, please!
Imagine that 6,975,000,000 people are infected by a virus. There is an antidote, but it is found to only be effective 15% of the time. Figure out the exponential decay formula showing how many people are cured after a given number of rounds of administering the antidote (assuming every infected person is given the antidote in every round and no new people are infected).

I just can't figure this out and I need help, please!
Imagine that 6,975,000,000 people are infected by a virus. There is an antidote, but it is found to only be effective 15% of the time. Figure out the exponential decay formula showing how many people are cured after a given number of rounds of administering the antidote (assuming every infected person is given the antidote in every round and no new people are infected).
How many people will still be infected after the first round?

What if you do that same calculation n times?

I got y=6,975,000,000*(0.85)^x. is this correct?
Sounds good, except for one detail. Check what they are asking for:
What small change is needed?

(Of course, what they're asking for isn't really exponential decay, while your formula is; so they may not mean exactly what they say.)