Exterior angles of a convex polygon HELP?

f1f2f3

I have a problem here which is:
Find the sum of all n exterior angles of a n-sided convex polygon, where n is any positive integer > 3. Show all the working details and reasons.

I need a solution for the general case. So far I know that it is 360 degrees but I am completely unsure of how to start my proof. I am currently 13 years old, so I do not know very advanced maths. Could you please help me here? Thank you very much!

f1f2f3 said:
Find the sum of all n exterior angles of a n-sided convex polygon, where n is any positive integer > 3. Show all the working details and reasons.

I need a solution for the general case. So far I know that it is 360 degrees but I am completely unsure of how to start my proof. I am currently 13 years old, so I do not know very advanced maths. Could you please help me here? Thank you very much!

You must be doing very well in mathematics!!

Do you know that "sum of three interior angles in a triangle equals to 180°"?

f1f2f3 said:

Try this reasoning:

At each vertex, you have an interior and an exterior angle. Draw it for yourself, so you get the picture. (Sorry, bad pun!)

Now at each vertex, interior+exterior add up to ???.

And so if there are n of them, that is ???

And the sum of the interior angles is known to be ??? (look up formula)

So that leaves ??? for the exterior angle sum.

BTW, it is for n >= 3. Nothing wrong with the proof for n = 3.