False physics problem

Spade

Hello, this sounds like a physics problem, but the math behind is the difficult part. I dont know if I place it in the right category sub-forum, but I guess it is not something at highschool level. So i thought is 'advanced'. I thanks in advance for directing me to any math resource that will make me understand at least the principle of solving it.

So the problem is stated as such: there are two punctiform objects of mass m1 and m2, in the initial state of repaus, at the initial distance d, in void space. They start to move towards each other due the law of gravitation until they met after a time duration t. Find t.

The issue that I have is that the acceleration is variable, increasing in a non-liniar pattern as the distance decreases.

The formula of force is ofcourse f = k × m1 × m2 / d^2 where k is an universal constant
Accelerations are a1 = f/m1 and a2 = f / m2 and time = distance / speed and so on.

Hello, this sounds like a physics problem, but the math behind is the difficult part. I dont know if I place it in the right category sub-forum, but I guess it is not something at highschool level. So i thought is 'advanced'. I thanks in advance for directing me to any math resource that will make me understand at least the principle of solving it.

So the problem is stated as such: there are two punctiform objects of mass m1 and m2, in the initial state of repaus, at the initial distance d, in void space. They start to move towards each other due the law of gravitation until they met after a time duration t. Find t.

The issue that I have is that the acceleration is variable, increasing in a non-liniar pattern as the distance decreases.

The formula of force is ofcourse f = k × m1 × m2 / d^2 where k is an universal constant
Accelerations are a1 = f/m1 and a2 = f / m2 and time = distance / speed and so on.
Do a google search of:

"two particle colliding under gravity in empty space"

You'll find extensive solutions.