Find the measure of exterior angle BCD

That's quite basic, MH. What grade are you in?

Can you solve this for x:
2x = x + 7

>Can someone please find what X is for me? (13x)+(10x+15)=26x

You seem to be asking what the value of X is, but I only see x's in your equation. Is there a typo someplace?

1) (13x) + (10x + 15) = 26x
2) 13x + 10x + 15 = 26x
3) 23x + 15 = 26x
4) 15 = 26x - 23x
5) 15 = 3x
5) 15/3 = x
6) 5 = x
7) x = 5

I think thats how you do it.

Denis said:
That's quite basic, MH. What grade are you in?

2x = x + 7
I am 47 years old and going back to college so all this is very hard for me because when I was in HS this stuff was for the 4.0 students. So please don't make fun of me.

kazafz said:
1) (13x) + (10x + 15) = 26x
2) 13x + 10x + 15 = 26x
3) 23x + 15 = 26x
4) 15 = 26x - 23x
5) 15 = 3x
5) 15/3 = x
6) 5 = x
7) x = 5

I think thats how you do it.

Thanks for your kindness in answering my question.

mathhurts said:
I am 47 years old and going back to college so all this is very hard for me because when I was in HS this stuff was for the 4.0 students. So please don't make fun of me.
Nobody's making fun of you; were we suppose to know you're 47 ........ ?
We have to assume (unless otherwise specified) that posted problems are from students;
and we're not here to do homework or operate a classroom.

Denis said:
What grade are you in?

2x = x + 7
mathhurts said:
I am...going back to college so...please don't make fun of me.
It is to be regretted if you feel that finding out "where you are" is somehow insulting. But any responsible tutor will need to know why you are unable to attempt the exercise before he can provide useful assistance.

Note: Doing your homework exercises is not "useful", since of course this won't teach you how to do the exercises youreself. You have worked examples in your text, plus the examples you copied into your class notes, and these obviously didn't help you. So understandably another worked example isn't going to do the trick.

It would appear that the placement test you took before starting college failed you, since you have been, by your own testimony, placed in a course which requires material that you don't remember. You might want to have a serious talk with your academic advisor regarding course placement. Mathematics is very sequential and since, as you state, you do not have the pre-requisite material for this course, it would seem wise to back up a bit.

My apologies for any offense, and my best wishes to you in your studies.

Eliz.

stapel said:
...My apologies for any offense, and my best wishes to you in your studies.
No offense taken, I have done several types of math for this class and this section, Geometry is just giving me problems. My next section is consumer math which will be a breeze for me. Thanks, Paul