Find trapezium ABCD's area when two bases and two diagonals are given.

RaeMathematics

In trapezium ABCD, AD is the upper and shorter base which is 8 units long whereas BC is the lower and longer base which is 32 units long. Diagonal AC is 32 units long and BD is 24 units long. May I know how to solve this question? (walkthrough and not simply the answer.) Thanks.

In trapezium ABCD, AD is the upper and shorter base which is 8 units long whereas BC is the lower and longer base which is 32 units long. Diagonal AC is 32 units long and BD is 24 units long. May I know how to solve this question? (walkthrough and not simply the answer.) Thanks.
Rather than walk through it with you, I'll point you in the right direction and let you walk, for the exercise.

Drop perpendiculars from A and D, dividing BC into 3 parts, x, 8, and y. Then write some equations involving those and the height, z. Solve for z.

Rather than walk through it with you, I'll point you in the right direction and let you walk, for the exercise.

Drop perpendiculars from A and D, dividing BC into 3 parts, x, 8, and y. Then write some equations involving those and the height, z. Solve for z.
alright thanks I'll try

Start by drawing a sketch of your trapezium then follow the advice you have been given above,