Finding 'c'.

jacksonhs

Hello,

I am just curious how I would find the 'c' part of the equation in the problem below. I already found 'a' & 'b'.

Find an equation of the form y=ab^x+csin(π/2 * x) that fits the data below.

I already plugged in 'a' and 'b' and isolated c but I got "-40/0" which MOM is saying is incorrect (My Open Math).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jackson

(0,5);(1,16);(2,20);(3,34).

I am just curious how I would find the 'c' part of the equation in the problem below. I already found 'a' & 'b'.

I already plugged in 'a' and 'b' and isolated c but I got "-40/0" which MOM is saying is incorrect (My Open Math).

Thanks,

Jackson

I got a=5 and b=2 and Mom said those two are correct.

You said:

"plugged in 'a' and 'b' and isolated c but I got "-40/0"

How did you get that? Please share your work.

Hello,

Thanks,

Jackson

There is something missing in this problem. You can't isolate "a," "b," or "c." Due to the fact, that the problem you provided cannot be solved. In order to find these variables you need to know values for two of them, unless multiply polynomial equations helped you in finding the answer for "a" and "b"

So please provide your work or the problem. Thanks!

There is something missing in this problem. You can't isolate "a," "b," or "c." Due to the fact, that the problem you provided cannot be solved. In order to find these variables you need to know values for two of them, unless multiply polynomial equations helped you in finding the answer for "a" and "b"

So please provide your work or the problem. Thanks!
Again, this is a trig function, not a polynomial.

Can't isolate c? c = (y-ab^x)/sin(pi*x/2)