Finding tan x of a Circle

kstategirl1213

Here's my intro so you understand why I'm not getting this. I'm a junior in college. I've taken pre-calc, and I'm just now starting calc 1. We are going through a bunch of Trig stuff right now and the only Trig I have had is about a week in my sophomore year of high school during geometry.

I'm currently working on an online math program that my class requires called "My Math Lab".

The problem is: (Sorry I couldn't figure out how to get the picture any larger or better quality. I'm new at this, too! If you click on it, you can at least read it!)

Calc Problem.jpg
So I have no idea where to go form here. My professor is an extremely smart man from India, and I tried talking to him after class about Trig, but for some reason he can't explain it in a way I understand.

I don't need the answer. If someone could maybe explain to me how to go about solving it, I would really appreciate it!

tan(x) = sin(x) / cos(x) where cos(x) is not zero.

What happens when sin(x) = cos(x)?

Where does sin(x) = cos(x)?

I'm a junior in college.

I'm just now starting calc 1.

the only Trig I have had is about a week in my sophomore year of high school during geometry.

What kind of college allows students without trigonometry to enroll in calculus courses? :confused: