Finding triangle length with no right angle

ssw

Hi guys,

I am trying to find the length shown as the yellow dimension. How would i do this without a right angle?

save.PNG

Hi guys,

I am trying to find the length shown as the yellow dimension. How would i do this without a right angle?

View attachment 23957
Please explain your drawing. What are we looking at?

Explain the terms "casing", "glazing" and "mullion"

"Solid angles" are created by 3 intersecting planes. If this drawing is done to scale in 2-D, why don't you simply "measure" it off?
1608731546504.png

Hi for the purpose of this question, those bits of information are irrelevent.

And I dont want to measure as this needs to be able to adapt if the angle changes, so it needs to part of a formula.

So all I need to find is a mathematical way of finding the length of the line I have shown dimensioned yellow.

As you can see I have all the three angles that make up this non right angled triangle aswell as one dimension (1400)

Last edited:
Hi for the purpose of this question, those bits of information are irrelevent.

And I dont want to measure as this needs to be able to adapt if the angle changes, so it needs to part of a formula.

So all I need to find is a mathematical way of finding the length of the line I have shown dimensioned yellow.

As you can see I have all the three angles that make up this non right angled triangle aswell as one dimension (1400)

I would have looked at this sooner if you had reduced the complexity of the drawing to make clear what we have to pay attention to, and explained it with a few words.

I think you just want to find length BC here:
1608738245566.png

To do that, you can use the Law of Sines. First, angle [MATH]\angle C = \gamma = 180 - 38.26 - 15 = 126.74 ^\circ[/MATH].

Then [MATH]\frac{BC}{\sin(\alpha)} = \frac{AB}{\sin(\gamma)}[/MATH], so [MATH]\frac{x}{\sin(38.26^\circ)} = \frac{1400}{\sin(126.74^\circ)}[/MATH] and [MATH]x=\frac{1400\sin(38.26^\circ)}{\sin(126.74^\circ)} = 1081.8[/MATH].