Focal Dates/Single Payment

fsfscvv

A debt can be paid by payments of $2000 scheduled today, $2000 scheduled in three years, and $2000 scheduled in six years. What single payment would settle the debt four years from now if money is worth 2.3% compounded monthly? (Display the scenario on a “timeline” for full marks)
This needs to be able to be done on a calculator, I don't understand how to find what N is equal to. Create a list that outlines the values for N, C/Y-P/Y, I/Y, P.V., and F.V., as well as to show any subsequent calculations.

I do not understand this problem what so ever and I've been at it for days now. I have to do it on a calculator. I cant solve it another way because my teacher wants me to list all of the values. I cannot for the life of me understand how to know what N is equal to.

I have

N=
C/Y, P/Y=12
I/Y=2.3
PV=2000
FV=?
PMT=O

I don't even know if that's correct.

You should not be doing any problem for days or for five minutes if you do not understand it.

Exactly what are you not understanding?

You make a $2,000 payment today, in three years and in 6 years. Do you understand that? Can you figure out how much you borrowed?

You borrowed the amount of money you found above and will pay off the entire debt in 4 years. Do you understand that?

What does N represent?

FIRST, calm down. No one can think in a frenzy.

Second, do you have any idea whether it is 2.3% per year, compoundecd quarterly or 2.3% per quarter.

Third, in present and future value problems, what is the usual meaning of n.