Found a sine formula: a sin( (pi(180x + wp))/(180w) )

I have made a formula for a sine wave with [imath]a[/imath] amplitude, [imath]p[/imath] phase shift and [imath]w[/imath] wavelength, where [imath]a[/imath] and [imath]w[/imath] are measured in units and [imath]p[/imath] is measured in degrees. Here it is:
[math]a\sin\left(\frac{\pi(180x+wp)}{180w}\right)[/math]I do not need this in any form, but I just wanted to know if there is any improvement that can be made for it to be computable in less steps to someone else. Any suggestions are welcome! =]

improvement that can be made for it to be computable in less steps to someone else
The input to the sine function can be changed. Decompose the following expression into a sum of two ratios and then cancel common factors in each.

\(\displaystyle \frac{180x+wp}{180w}\)

:)

The input to the sine function can be changed. Decompose the following expression into a sum of two ratios and then cancel common factors in each.

\(\displaystyle \frac{180x+wp}{180w}\)

If I decompose it into more ratios, it means there will be extra steps: an addition.

If I decompose it into more ratios, it means there will be extra steps: an addition.
Hi Erik. Please post your attempt, so we can see what you did. The simplified expression will contain one addition, just like your original expression. Here's an example:

\(\displaystyle \frac{25\pi+(1.5)(7)}{(25)(1.5)}\)

\(\displaystyle \frac{\pi}{1.5}+\frac{7}{25}\)

Hi Erik. Please post your attempt, so we can see what you did. The simplified expression will contain one addition, just like your original expression. Here's an example:

\(\displaystyle \frac{25\pi+(1.5)(7)}{(25)(1.5)}\)

\(\displaystyle \frac{\pi}{1.5}+\frac{7}{25}\)

[math]\pi\left(\frac{180x+wp}{180w}\right)[/math][math]\pi\left(\frac{180x}{180w}+\frac{wp}{180w}\right)[/math][math]\pi\left(\frac{x}{w}+\frac{p}{180}\right)[/math]The reason I do not want to do this is because it has now 2 divisions and an addition.

Very well. Leave the factor as it is: 3 multiplications, 1 addition and 1 division.