Frustum of right pyramid

Thanks for making it big enough to read on your second try. But why couldn't you type it in?

I'm wondering whether perhaps some or all of the references to "the pyramid" might mean "the frustum", which otherwise isn't mentioned after the first sentence.

In addition, we need to know where you need help, and what you have been able to do. Please follow the guidelines:

I'm wondering whether perhaps some or all of the references to "the pyramid" might mean "the frustum", which otherwise isn't mentioned after the first sentence.
If Dr.Peterson's suggestion is correct, it would then be a more interesting question.
As it is, the m:n is not used, as you can see below.
The small pyramid (which has been removed) is 'similar' to the full pyramid (small pyramid + frustum), and the height of the small pyramid is half of the height of the full pyramid. That means that the volume of the small pyramid is [MATH]\frac{1}{8}[/MATH]th the volume of the full pyramid: [MATH]\frac{1}{2}\times\frac{1}{2}\times\frac{1}{2}[/MATH].
From this you should know what fraction the remaining frustum is of the full pyramid. From these two fractions you can write down the ratio of the volume of the small pyramid to the volume of the frustum.
(Perhaps I am reading the question incorrectly).