Functions & Integrals - HELP

Would you help me with these tasks. Thanks.

View attachment 24971
What help do you need? In fact, what are you supposed to do with the equations on the right? (I can guess you have to integrate on the left; but given a function, you could invert it, graph it, tell whether it is one-to-one, or lots of other things.)

It appears that you failed to read this, which tells you how to get help here:

What help do you need? In fact, what are you supposed to do with the equations on the right? (I can guess you have to integrate on the left; but given a function, you could invert it, graph it, tell whether it is one-to-one, or lots of other things.)

It appears that you failed to read this, which tells you how to get help here:

The examples have nothing to do with each other. I need solutions.
Thanks.

Please show us what you've been able to do. That will help us help you better.

-Dan

You need solutions to what? On the left you have indicated integrals, many of which are fairly basic and can be done using rules you should have already learned. For example, whoever gave you these clearly expects you to know that \(\displaystyle \int e^{ax}dx= \frac{1}{a}e^{ax}\) and that \(\displaystyle \int \frac{dx}{x^2+ a^2}= arctan(x/a)\).

On the right you have, as you have already been told, functions but what do you want to do with them? I would guess that you want to differentiate them but you really should say that. And, again, these are fairly basic. Do you know that the derivative of \(\displaystyle x^n\) is \(\displaystyle nx^{n-1}\)? Or that the derivative of \(\displaystyle e^{ax}\) is \(\displaystyle ae^{ax}\)? Do you know the "chain rule" or the "product rule"?

In order to do these problems, indeed in order to pass this course you will need to know them. And having someone tell you the answers you will not learn them! If you honestly do not know them, either consult your text book or talk to your teacher about this. The last thing you want to do is to fool your teacher into thinking you know this material when you don't!

And read the GUIDELINES as you were told to do by Dr. Peterson.