Geometric series sum

EllieJones

Hello everyone, I'm trying to do my calculus 2 homework about series, but I got stuck with 2 problems. In the first one down below, I found all the terms however I couldn't find the common ratio therefore I couldn't find the series sum. I already know the series converges, but I couldn't find the sum at all! For the second problem, I literally couldn't understand anything as I remember little from calculus 1 logarithms. I would really appreciate it if you guys helped.
soru1.pngsoru 2.png

1. two infinite geometric series with [MATH]|r|<1[/MATH]
[MATH]3\sum_{n=0}^\infty \left(\dfrac{1}{2}\right)^n + \sum_{n=0}^\infty \left(-\dfrac{1}{5}\right)^n[/MATH]
2. check the partial sums ... recall [MATH]\ln\left(\dfrac{a}{b}\right) = \ln{a} - \ln{b}[/MATH]

Hello everyone, I'm trying to do my calculus 2 homework about series, but I got stuck with 2 problems. In the first one down below, I found all the terms however I couldn't find the common ratio therefore I couldn't find the series sum. I already know the series converges, but I couldn't find the sum at all! For the second problem, I literally couldn't understand anything as I remember little from calculus 1 logarithms. I would really appreciate it if you guys helped.
View attachment 22697View attachment 22698
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

READ BEFORE POSTING

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.