Geometry Problem, Detailed solution required.

And ... what you done so far?
I have drawn the diagram showing the base of the square coinciding with the base of the triangle, but I am unable to understand the point behind the centre of gravity concept which deterred me from proceeding any further, becuase I cannot understand what to do next.

I have drawn the diagram showing the base of the square coinciding with the base of the triangle, but I am unable to understand the point behind the centre of gravity concept which deterred me from proceeding any further, becuase I cannot understand what to do next.
do a Google search for "center of gravity of a triangle" - tell us what you found .

Not in the long run. It would be better for you if you put thought into it and arrived at the solution yourself. We are here to help, not just give out answers.

Not in the long run. It would be better for you if you put thought into it and arrived at the solution yourself. We are here to help, not just give out answers.
Ok, thanks for the hints. I will give it a try once again though I have tried it many times earlier.

Redraw your diagram, roughly to scale. You now know the height of the isosceles triangle. You need to calculate the base.
Look for similar triangles. You may need to let one of the unknown lengths be x and use the property of ratios of sides of similar triangles to calculate x and then the base and then the area!