Geometry vector

senzz

If the points of intersection of the diagonals AC and OB of the parallelogram OABC are D and OA -> = a, OC -> = b.
Express the CD-> vector with the vectors a->
and b->.

If the points of intersection of the diagonals AC and OB of the parallelogram OABC are D and OA -> = a, OC -> = b.
and b->.
What have you tried? Please share your work/thoughts.

and b->.
Hi senzz,

Welcome to
freeMATHhelp.

I have drawn a diagram (qv) of the situation you describe. This is what you should have done, as a minimum, before posting your problem.

Perhaps English may not be your first language? But, as you can see, there is only one point of intersection of the parallelogram's diagonals (ie: the point
D).

What do you know about parallelograms & what do you know about vectors? I presume you are supposed to know at least some basic facts about both if you are expected to address this problem; perhaps you could Google them and read up on their respective properties?

Other than the diagram that I have provided as a starting point, you are not likely to get much more help with your problem from us until you show us what attempt(s) you have made to solve the problem.

Please post some work you have done on the problem and we will offer further guidance if necessary (or confirm that you have solved it correctly).

Attachments

• Vectors.jpg
    Vectors.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 6