graph of distance: Wiki go from pt A down semi-circle road with center O

shahar

Wiki go from "point A" by doing fast walking on a road that its' shape is semi-circle, that O is its center. What is the graph that presents the distance from point A when she go from A and back?
1673514099533.png
y-axis is presenting the distance from O
x-axis is presenting the time.

O.K. I see that 4 isn't correct. Can you give me more clues?

Please answer my question.
What is the distance from A when time=0 ? What point on the graph does this correspond to?

O.K. I see that 4 isn't correct. Can you give me more clues?
Ummm.... Okay, what is happening to the distance from O as you walk across the diameter?

What is the distance from O as you walk around the semicircle?

C'mon! You are missing the obvious here.

-Dan

Please answer my question.
What is the distance from A when time=0 ? Whatpoint on the graph does this

Ummm.... Okay, what is happening to the distance from O as you walk across the diameter?

What is the distance from O as you walk around the semicircle?

C'mon! You are missing the obvious here.

-Dan
The distance decreased so the answer is (2). IN the beginning the distence is radius and its becomes 0 in the half of diameter.
Thanks.

The distance decreased so the answer is (2). IN the beginning the distence is radius and its becomes 0 in the half of diameter.
Thanks.
The answer is not (2).
What is the distance from A when time=0 ? What point on the graph does this correspond to?
You still haven't answered my question!!

When time=0, she is at A, What is her distance from A then?

Wiki go from "point A" by doing fast walking on a road that its' shape is semi-circle, that O is its center. What is the graph that presents the distance from point A when she go from A and back?
View attachment 34783
None of the graphs is correct, if you translated the problem correctly.

Are you sure it isn't graphing the distance from O, rather than from A? That might explain your otherwise baffling answers!

The graph is the Distance from the current location of her to O. I miss the part of the question. Do you want me to rewrite the question again?
Notice: I write after graphs the meaning of the axis that can tell you what the orginal question is about?

It is not written. If I want a graph from A to her location can I use a proper site that do if you know any site that do it?

If we assume the distance between [imath]A[/imath] and [imath]O[/imath]--which is the radius of the circle--to be [imath]1[/imath], we can observe how Vicky's distance from [imath]O[/imath] changes along the path:
  1. Begins at [imath]1[/imath] at [imath]A[/imath]
  2. Linearly decreases to [imath]0[/imath] at [imath]O[/imath]
  3. Linearly increases to [imath]1[/imath] on the opposite side of [imath]O[/imath], where the semicircle begins
  4. Remains at [imath]1[/imath] all the way around the semicircle until returning to [imath]A[/imath]
One of the four graphs does correctly show this sequence.

For the curious, the graph of the distance from [imath]A[/imath] looks like this:

Graph from A

Last edited:
The graph is the Distance from the current location of her to O. I miss the part of the question. Do you want me to rewrite the question again?
Notice: I write after graphs the meaning of the axis that can tell you what the orginal question is about?
I believe you are saying that this is the correct translation of the problem:

Wiki starts at point A, walking on a road whose shape is a semi-circle with O at its center, and A at the end of a diameter. What is the graph that presents the distance from point O when she goes from A and back?​

Then I hope you see that you were in fact correct when you said the answer is graph 1:
I write a mistake. I meant to [say] graph 1.
The distance is R at the beginning. Am I right?
This is correct, now that we know the actual problem. Please be more careful in the future.

And I didn't see until now that what you wrote at the bottom, which was inconsistent with the statement of the problem (and therefore was ignored) was correct:
Someone probably should have pointed out that inconsistency to you.