Graph of straight line topic

Shiemaira

Confuse how to do c)i. Find k
Do I need to find the value of k? If it ask for value how can the p point can be use for x and y in the equation, isn’t the p point is a x1 and y1 and the q point is a x2 and y2? Help me, I’m so confuse.. thank you

Attachments

• C08C1295-88A6-4A1F-810C-B52EDCB3A639.jpeg
    C08C1295-88A6-4A1F-810C-B52EDCB3A639.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 11
Do I need to find the value of k? If it ask for value how can the p point can be use for x and y in the equation, isn’t the p point is a x1 and y1 and the q point is a x2 and y2? Help me, I’m so confuse.. thank you
If you are given an equation of a line and coordinates of a point, how do you check whether the line passes through the point?

Replace x and y in the equation with the coordinates of point P (point Q is not needed in this part). You will have an equation you can solve for k.

You double the x value, triple the y value, add those two numbers and then decide what you add to this sum to get 0. That answer will be k. How to find values you should use for x and y? Use the x and y values from a point that is on the line. Do you know of a point on the line?