graph the given function f and g

stuckonmath

graph the given functions, f and g, in the same rectangular coordinate system. Select integers -2 & ending with 2.
f(x)=x2,, g(x)=x2+1

How would I go about obtaining the answer. Thank you

graph the given functions, f and g, in the same rectangular coordinate system. Select integers -2 & ending with 2.
f(x)=x2,, g(x)=x2+1

How would I go about obtaining the answer. Thank you

Let X = -2, -1, 0, 1, 2

Then plug in these values to both f(x) and g(x) to get the y value. Then plot away!

Here's the first one for x = -2:

f(-2) = (-2)² = 4 =====> so the coordinate is (-2, 4)
g(-2) = (-2)² + 1 = 4 + 1 = 5 =====> so the coordinate is (-2, 5).

Carry on...

thank you. I did that but it didn't look correct. If you can, how would the graph of g be related to the graph of f in this problem? the graph looks like to v's, but I'm not sure how to respond tho the related part. Thank you I greatly appreciate it!

thank you. I did that but it didn't look correct. If you can, how would the graph of g be related to the graph of f in this problem? The graph looks like to v's, but I'm not sure how to respond tho the related part. Thank you I greatly appreciate it!
These are both parabolas and have a "u" shape. g(x) is related to f(x) in that it is the same graph but shifted up 1 unit.

Let > > > X < < < = -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 \(\displaystyle \ \ \ \ \ \) Be careful there. \(\displaystyle \ \ \) Keep it lower case..

Then plug in these values to both f(x) and g(x) to get the y value. Then plot away!

Here's the first one for x = -2: