Graphing on Desmos

VeronicaKJ

Hi all,

I am attempting to graph an image on Desmos, however I can not figure out the equation of these similar lines (shown in red). I've drawn over them roughly to show which lines I need to graph, and also attached a copy of the image with no lines.

Any help in figuring out the equations for these lines would be very much appreciated. I am hoping to be able to graph either to the left or the right of the y-axis, and restrict the domain and range, then move copy and paste the equation but move it down and place new restrictions, and repeat for the opposite side of the y-axis, but I'm unsure as to whether this will actually work.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• no lines.JPG
    no lines.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 8
  • red lines.JPG
    red lines.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 8
You are going to need to give us more information.

The function for a Romanesque arch is simply a semi-circle or, piece-wise, two quarter circles

The function for a Gothic arch is a piece-wise function consisting of two portions of a circle.

Unless my eyes deceive me, this looks as though the largest arch is Romanesque and the interior arches are Gothic.

Hi all,

I am attempting to graph an image on Desmos, however I can not figure out the equation of these similar lines (shown in red). I've drawn over them roughly to show which lines I need to graph, and also attached a copy of the image with no lines.

Any help in figuring out the equations for these lines would be very much appreciated. I am hoping to be able to graph either to the left or the right of the y-axis, and restrict the domain and range, then move copy and paste the equation but move it down and place new restrictions, and repeat for the opposite side of the y-axis, but I'm unsure as to whether this will actually work.

Thank you in advance
I think all the arcs on one side are concentric circular arcs. Find their common center, and vary the radius.