Halt! Who goes there?

soroban

Elite Member

I've been a contributing member of this community
for over nine years. .Yet for the past month,
I've been asked to log in at every visit.

Can someone look into this, please?

My guess would be that you've already tried basic troubleshooting (eg: clicked 'Log Out'; deleted cookies; reset browser bookmark(s), manually logged back in after clicking 'Remember me' box). Is this correct?

I don't know anything about your setup, but from your statement about being asked to log-in, I gather that your setup normally takes you from a bookmark or such straight to logged-in status at the forum front page.

Now you're required to log in by having the browser complete the username and password fields (or maybe you're typing them each time) and then you manually execute the log in by hitting enter or clicking? (This is how I normally log in. I use Chrome.)

May I ask, what browser are you using? What steps did you normally take to log-in (that is, before the current issue began)?

It may not be an issue of the site "not remembering" you; I don't know much, but I think maybe it's data in the cookie which allows the site to recognize you (as well as the browser sending your log-in credentials).

What did it turn out to be last September, when you experienced that similar log-in issue? There was a site hack, around that time; I don't know if the two issues were related. Do you remember anything about how that log-in issue was resolved last year?

Ciao :cool:

Last edited: