[HELP] i need help with them plz

filmi

19. The weights of cats are normally distributed with a known standard deviation of 2 lb. If we take a sample of 64 cats and
get a sample mean weight of x = 12.4 lb, what is a 95% confidence interval for the mean weight of cats in this population -
rounding to the nearest tenth?
a. 12.4 ± 0.5 b. 12.4 ± 0.4 c. 12.4 ± 0.3 d. 12.4 ± 0.1 e. none of these

20. A biologist is studying a new hybrid tomato. It is known that the seeds have a probability of 0.8 of germinating. The
biologist plants 400 seeds. What is the expected number of seeds that will germinate? (Assume a binomial distribution.)
a. 200 b. 240 c. 320 d. 480 e. none of these

21 - 25. A company claims that their chocolate chip cookies contain an average of 15 chips per cookie. A study of
100 cookies is done, and the average chip count of the sample is 14.78 with a standard deviation of 1.2.
21. What is the null hypothesis?
a. Ho: m § 15 b. Ho: m = 15 c. Ho: m ¥ 15

22. What kind of critical region is involved in this situation?
a. left-tailed b. right-tailed c. two-tailed

23. What is the standardized test statistic in this hypothesis test?
a. -1.65 b. -1.83 c. -1.96 d. -2.14 e. none of these

24. What is the p-value of this test statistic?
a. 0.0437 b. 0.0672 c. 0.0289 d. 0.0185 e. none of these

25. Based on a significance level of a = 0.05, what would the con

thanx

19. The weights of cats are normally distributed with a known standard deviation of 2 lb. If we take a sample of 64 cats and
get a sample mean weight of x = 12.4 lb, what is a 95% confidence interval for the mean weight of cats in this population -
rounding to the nearest tenth?
a. 12.4 ± 0.5 b. 12.4 ± 0.4 c. 12.4 ± 0.3 d. 12.4 ± 0.1 e. none of these

20. A biologist is studying a new hybrid tomato. It is known that the seeds have a probability of 0.8 of germinating. The
biologist plants 400 seeds. What is the expected number of seeds that will germinate? (Assume a binomial distribution.)
a. 200 b. 240 c. 320 d. 480 e. none of these

21 - 25. A company claims that their chocolate chip cookies contain an average of 15 chips per cookie. A study of
100 cookies is done, and the average chip count of the sample is 14.78 with a standard deviation of 1.2.
21. What is the null hypothesis?
a. Ho: m § 15 b. Ho: m = 15 c. Ho: m ¥ 15

22. What kind of critical region is involved in this situation?
a. left-tailed b. right-tailed c. two-tailed

23. What is the standardized test statistic in this hypothesis test?
a. -1.65 b. -1.83 c. -1.96 d. -2.14 e. none of these

24. What is the p-value of this test statistic?
a. 0.0437 b. 0.0672 c. 0.0289 d. 0.0185 e. none of these

25. Based on a significance level of a = 0.05, what would the con

thanx

These are fairly straight-forward problems - examples of which must have been worked out in your textbook.

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

These are fairly straight-forward problems - examples of which must have been worked out in your textbook.

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

thanks from u

19 it's done

I'm stuck with number 20..i think its C but im not too sure
and mostly i'm stuck on the null hypothesis..i'm confused because i can't tell what im supposed to pick

this is what i thinkkkk they are: 21.a 22.b 23.b 24.b 25.a
but help me ..i don't want to get them wrong? if you know that they are something else then plz tell me so i know what i did wrong

to me they aren't straightforward . i don't understand if the null hypothesis should be the alternate hypothesis. I'm pretty sure the claim is false. But i don't understand which way is the right way. The book and my notes only confused me more with all of that if you think the claim is false then this than that.

Last edited:

this is what i thinkkkk they are: 21.a 22.b 23.b 24.b 25.a
but help me ..i don't want to get them wrong? if you know that they are something else then plz tell me so i know what i did wrong