HELP NEEDED! Grid questions

Maxp070704

Hey y'all! I got a question that I need help with. Here it is!

Attachments

• Help.PNG
    Help.PNG
    66 KB · Views: 15
Lovely question. Start with definitions. Where are the "destinations", the open squares or the corners surrounding them or something else?

One step at a time. Maybe start at the end. How many ways are there to get to the last destination in only one step?

If the "destinations" are the 25 squares, so that you have to give 25 answers, and if he starts right where the picture is, always making the first step to the right, then the easiest way is to write the number of ways to get to any one square in that square. You can start with 1 in the first square (only 1 way to get there!), and then move on to places you can get to from there in 1 more move, and so on. How many ways are there to get to the second square in the top row?

Lovely question. Start with definitions. Where are the "destinations", the open squares or the corners surrounding them or something else?

One step at a time. Maybe start at the end. How many ways are there to get to the last destination in only one step?
The destination is the bottom right corner

No, the problem says, "to each destination", so there can't be only one. But even if you're right, putting a number in each square is a nice way to find it (though not the quickest).

But the biggest question is, is he traveling along the lines (a 6x6 grid), or from square to square (a 5x5 grid)? I'm assuming the latter, because of the location of the bike.

So now the question is, have you used the suggestions we've made to solve the problem? In particular, have you thought about what pka might have meant in post #3? (He was apparently assuming the travel was on the lines, but you can adjust for that.)

Please show whatever work you have done. We still don't know what help you need.