Help Needed w/ Story Problem

squirrelydan

Hi all,

This isn't an official assignment or anything. I just need assistance understanding what kind of math this would essentially be, and help with the problem.

Let's say I purchase a package of 12 items at $138.00 USD which is a recurring weekly cost. This makes the items $11.50 apiece. I then purchase a pre-paid monetary amount (bank) of $1200 for the price of $925 that goes toward paying for the recurring weekly cost. How much does this now make the per piece cost of each item?

Thank you kindly!

Hi all,

This isn't an official assignment or anything. I just need assistance understanding what kind of math this would essentially be, and help with the problem.

Let's say I purchase a package of 12 items at $138.00 USD which is a recurring weekly cost. This makes the items $11.50 apiece. I then purchase a pre-paid monetary amount (bank) of $1200 for the price of $925 that goes toward paying for the recurring weekly cost. How much does this now make the per piece cost of each item? Thank you kindly!
I do not quite understand the problem - shrouded in "mysterious words". In particular:

What does this statement mean: How much does this now make the per piece cost of each item?

I was going to try to answer this question, but I then read the problem a little closer and thought it was confusingly written. What does "pre-paid monetary amount (bank)" mean?