Help needed with a geometry problem. Cylinder with one hemi-spherical end.

crazybee28

I tried to solve this question but don't seem to figure out how to solve b. I will upload the question as a photo. I already did a but will still upload it so you can try and help me with b. Thank you.

Question b:
The protective coating on each suppository is about 0.03 mm thick. How many 100 ml packs of coating will be needed to cover the batch of 10000 suppositories?

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 4
I tried to solve this question but don't seem to figure out how to solve b. I will upload the question as a photo. I already did a but will still upload it so you can try and help me with b. Thank you.

Question b:
The protective coating on each suppository is about 0.03 mm thick. How many 100 ml packs of coating will be needed to cover the batch of 10000 suppositories?
Start from the question: how many 100ml packs? To answer you need to know the total volume.
What is the total volume? 10000 * volume of one suppository coating.
What is the volume of coating for one suppository? This is where coating thickness and surface area come in.

Thank you for your answer. Can you please check my work? Thank you.

Attachments

• FD3C60B8-1209-4FE7-900C-E2A42094EB78.png
    FD3C60B8-1209-4FE7-900C-E2A42094EB78.png
    843.9 KB · Views: 3
Thank you for your answer. Can you please check my work? Thank you.
It's not clear which surfaces are included in the surface area calculations. Please describe this step.
Step 4 is also not clear. Are you finding the total volume somewhere or you are not following the steps I outlined?