Help please w/ "For real x_i s.t. 0 < x_1 <= x_2 <=...<= x_n, n>=2, & 1/(1+x_1) + ...

MeowMori

Help please w/ "For real x_i s.t. 0 < x_1 <= x_2 <=...<= x_n, n>=2, & 1/(1+x_1) + ...

The underlined sum please.
Can't do it and I've to submit an important asisgment on Saturday
fd3dbe2ae8528f0a8d0a13fe737367c4.jpg
e251021ec76853dff35719e581570d5e.jpg

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

The underlined sum please.
Can't do it and I've to submit an important asisgment on Saturday
By "underlined sum", do you mean "circled portion of question 7"?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, even if you think you're wrong, so we can "see" what's going on and where you're getting stuck. Thank you! ;)

By "underlined sum", do you mean "circled portion of question 7"?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, even if you think you're wrong, so we can "see" what's going on and where you're getting stuck. Thank you! ;)
Yeah the circled one.

Yes will keep in mind. Have been trying this sum since past 2 days but unable to do

Yes will keep in mind. Have been trying this sum since past 2 days but unable to do

It would be very helpful if you would actually do what was asked, and tell us your specific thoughts, not just how long you have had them.

What in particular have you tried?

And if this is from a course, what is that course and what topics are being tested? Are there some facts you have learned that are likely to be useful?

It would be very helpful if you would actually do what was asked, and tell us your specific thoughts, not just how long you have had them.

What in particular have you tried?

And if this is from a course, what is that course and what topics are being tested? Are there some facts you have learned that are likely to be useful?

It is from an assignment from Course of Elementary Algebra and I've to submit it on Saturday

Yeah the circled one.

Please share your tries with us. We need to know what you know and what you don't know. That will give us a point to start!!

It is from an assignment from Course of Elementary Algebra and I've to submit it on Saturday

None of that looks like elementary algebra to me! And you submitted your question under Advanced Math (though it may or may not be beyond advanced algebra).

I asked what specific topics are covered.

None of that looks like elementary algebra to me! And you submitted your question under Advanced Math (though it may or may not be beyond advanced algebra).

I asked what specific topics are covered.

Elementary algebra is the course name.
These are the topics
e7c49fee9c823ec55712a4fe2d72973a.jpg
f666f59e1274f5ab8aaa6185df5b4b4a.jpg

Elementary algebra is the course name. These are the topics

That must be "elementary algebra" from a math major's perspective, not as we usually think of it. It's helpful to know what you mean (though it looks like something may have been lost).

Since you are taking such a course, you can now tell us what ideas you have for solving a problem like this. It may even be helpful if you just show what you did for the preceding problem, so we can get a better sense of what theorems you are using.

For myself, not having done any homework in your course, or the earlier problems, I would have to start by exploring the question. Is it true for n=1? (Yes, trivially, as it turns out.) How about for n=2? If even that takes hard work to prove, even with whatever knowledge you have of inequalities among means, then I would wonder if induction might be useful.