Help please

daryn forman

can someone please help me with providing the steps in how i should go about solving this problem im suppose to find the area of D.
Capture.PNG

can someone please help me with providing the steps in how i should go about solving this problem im suppose to find the area of D.
View attachment 33451
There could be multiple ways to solve this problem. If I were tasked to solve this problem - I would first calculate the area of the parabola from x=2 and x=-2. Have you been taught integration yet?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

View attachment 33451
1658361778214.png
I'd first find the intersection of the two lines, either by finding their equations and solving, or by using similar triangles and symmetry.

Then I'd use integration to find the area of the right half of D (because of symmetry), using the equations of the line and the parabola.

Everyone thinks differently.
I would first find the area under the parabola from x=-3 to x=3 (or from x=0 to x=3 and double answer). This will give me the area A + B +C + D
Then I would subtract the area of the triangle (A). Now I would have B+C+D.
I'd note that area B = area C.
Now I would subtract area C * 2. This will leave you with D